Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Proud to be an American





Today was a momentous day that I can just not keep my mouth shut about. Today was a day that will be remembered. Kids will learn about it in schools and it will eventually show up on that calendar you buy.

We have an African American President! I am so proud to say that we have come so far from where we began!

I was lucky enough to be raised in a home that never spoke a single vulgar word. I didn't even really understand it until High School.

Thousands of people showed up to show there pride in what he has been able to do. I think that it really shows that anyone is completely capable of doing anything.


I'm sure the next four years will be full of surprises for everyone but just this one act changes so much!



Thank you for listening!!!
Please come again.....

1 comment:

Holledayz said...

I love the fact that your memories of growing up are so positive...you must have a "fabulous" Mom!
I thought Obama's speech was brilliant!
Cheers! Aunt Holly