Thursday, January 15, 2009

Part of my resolution...





So another New Years resolution of mine was to finish all of the projects that I have started. One being to refinish majority of my furniture. Those of you who have seen my bed room through out the years most likely remember an old dresser that was in my room. It has been yellow, pink, cream, and purple; but now it's a very simple black.
I needed to give this old piece of furniture a new twist...

It's been an on going project for a few weeks. It's given it a whole new life and I could not be more proud!
After tons and tons of priming and filling in the holes I got it to a "paintable" point. Now the only bit of advice I can give for this is that it is not a bright idea to use spray paint. In the beginning it seems smart but when it's done, well, not so much....

I then decided to add some stencil designs to break up all of the black.

Must admit that I like it!











Now it's time to start on the next project.


1 comment:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

WoW!
That looks fabulous! Where are you going to put it?
Paint, putty, power tools...I obviously raised you right!